Saturday, July 07, 2007

Taking A Break

Well, another bad race, I'm just not on top form anymore, kinda blowin' it lately. I don't even know what I finished, didn't bother checking because I sat up in the sprint and got passed by a lot of guys. It was just so hot and I wasn't handling it very well, didn't feel all that great but I tried a little dig in the middle of the race to see if I could get away. 3 other guys went with me and only one other guy worked, the other 2 just sat there, for whatever reason they didn't try to come around for a pull. What the hell sense does that make?? Why would you make the effort to get in to a break and then not do anything to make sure it stays away. Maybe they just wanted to be able to say they tried to get away to impress someone or their family was at the race, who knows. In the end, it didn't matter because I just didn't have anything. So, basically now I'm going to take a break this week, no biking until at least Thursday, a physical and mental break. Then this weekend I'll be kicking back up the aerobic rides again after doing lots of intervals in the last few weeks. I'll do a few longs rides for a few weeks and then kick it up again. Not sure what the plan is after that, or what races I'll do, we'll see. Well, that's it for now, I'll update again next weekend. Until next time......

No comments: