Monday, March 17, 2008

Training in Turmoil

I'm finally back from my business trip to Florida and it's so great to be back to this sh*tty weather, I love 30s and rain. It's supposed to rain tonight, tomorrow, tomorrow night and I think Wednesday it's supposed to finally clear up in the afternoon. This weekend the temps are supposed to top out at 36 on Saturday and Sunday, whoohoo. So it's been 10 days since I've been on the bike due to my sickness and obviously being in Florida for work, so I'm feeling pretty fatty right now and out of shape. I've got alot of work to do to say the least. I wanted to move my vacation from next week to the week of the 31st but my boss is out that week already so I'm stuck with next week. Early 10-day forecast shows temps of 40 on Monday and Tuesday and 40% and 60% chance of snow showers, whoopty-f*ckin do. I'll do what I can do to get out and ride as much as possible but I'll obviously be at the mercy of the weather, I'm not very excited about my week off now. Anyways, I'm still feeling a bit under the weather, coughing up chunky monkeys, nasty, yeah, but just keeping it real, that's what's happening. I'll be riding as much as I can this week, but nothing super hard in the early part of the week since I still have a lot of junk in my chest. No plan as of right now, I'll just be going with how I feel as the week goes by and then I'll decide on what I'm doing next week while I'm off depending on how much riding I get in this week. I've got a team ride and meeting on Saturday as well, so at least I'll get in one decent effort possibly on the team ride. Depending on the weather the next few weeks and how much outdoor riding I get in I'll be deciding on when I'll kick off my racing season, as of right now I'm thinking the Brown Deer race on the 19th but most likely I'm looking at Whitnall on the 26th. Well, that's it for now, until next time.......

No comments: