Thursday, March 06, 2008

What To Do.........

This has been a good week of training so far, unfortunately still on the trainer as the weather is obviously crap and we haven't hit DST yet, but after this weekend I'm guessing I'll be getting outside after work for at least half of my ride time during the evening. I leave for Florida though Wednesday morning so I'll only get to test the limits of daylight on Tuesday evening before I head out to sunny, warm Tampa. Once I get back though next Sunday I'm hoping most of my rides will be outside after work. Well, anyways, this week has been pretty good, Tempo work on Tuesday night and one-legged pedaling last night. Tonight is Steady State intervals and then tomorrow is a recovery ride day. I don't know what this weekend will bring, it's supposed to be mid-20s and chance of snow, maybe some SS riding on the MTB is in order, not sure yet. I'd like to get on the road but not sure the weather will cooperate. I wish I was going to Tucson with my teammates, sure would be nice to enjoy some of that great weather. Oh well, next year.
On another note, is Paris-Nice going to be worth watching this year, will the major teams even show up, what the hell is the beef between ASO and UCI, figure this crap out so that the riders can just get on with riding their bikes and not worry about being suspended and sued and all that other crap. I can't believe that with all the doping issues that happened last year that the two parties wouldn't make concessions to make this stuff happen this year without so many issues. It's turning people and more importantly corporations off of cycling, pretty soon they won't have to worry about who is doing their races because there won't be any teams. Well, that's my rant for the day.....
Not sure what the weekend will bring, but I'll tell ya all about it on Sunday I'm sure...until next time....

No comments: