Thursday, February 19, 2009

Short and Sweet

Well, I haven't posted much lately, just been busy, but I'll give a short update. I've been doing the best I can to ride as often as possible, but I've had a cold that has kept me limited to shorter rides and I've been sticking to my weight lifting program as well but had to miss a few days last week because of work related stuff. I'm on the uptick though with this cold and should be full strength again by this weekend. I don't want to go thrashing myself again though right away and the weather doesn't look all that suitable to road riding so we'll see what happens as the weekend progresses. I'm guessing some hiking on my snowshoe trails may be in order but since there really isn't any snow to speak of I will just use the hiking boots, no snowshoes. I'll hit the trainer as well and maybe I'll finally start my diet this weekend. I've lost a few pounds just by working out more, but I haven't changed my eating quite enough yet so that is the next phase of getting down to my goal weight. I'm gradually dropping it, but now March is coming up and it's time to get serious about eating well.
Other than that, I've finally sent out my USAC Coaching certification test so hopefully within a few weeks I'll get back my coaching license. Once that is good to go I'm starting on my ACSM Personal Trainer certification, that will take a bit longer though, lots of reading for that and quite a bit more studying involved, so I'm hoping by June I'll be taking that test. That is one thing I've wanted to do for a while and this year I'm going to finally get off my butt and get it done.
Well, it's time for bed, until next time........

No comments: