Thursday, October 04, 2007

Back On Track

So I was definitely feeling better yesterday after my off night on Tuesday where I wasn't exactly feeling the best and I wasn't able to get in a ride. Last night I took a nice 90 minute ride down to Whitnall Park, did a loop, came back up by my house and did some loops though the surrounding neighborhoods after it got dark. I pulled in the driveway a little after 7:00 and it was pretty dark out, considering that sunset is 6:30 I managed to get in a good ride still. The lights will be on tonight as I've got to get in another 90 minutes of easy riding and the weather is supposed to be beautiful again today so I'm really looking forward to it. Tomorrow is an off day on the bike but I'll be doing plenty of stretching and ab crunches to build up some muscles that I didn't have last year. I like to push bigger gears on most occasions and I noticed this year that my back got fairly sore more often than I would have liked obviously, so I've decided to work on the complimentary muscles to help alleviate that, namely my abs. Saturday I'll be up early and will be doing about 3.75 to 4 hours from my house to Delafield and back and then I've got a ton of yard work to do. Time is becoming a factor in getting yard work done as it will be November before we know it and the cold weather and snow will be coming. I still need to lay down Fall winterizer on the lawn and clear some more brush in my woods and split some logs. I also have to clear the gutters again so that I can finish putting on my gutter guards. Last year we had a major problem with leaves clogging the gutters so this year I'm throwing on gutter guards to help out with that. It's going to be a very busy weekend between outside work at the house and riding the bike. I'm really motivated now to ride and can't wait to get out this weekend as the weather looks great. Well, back to work I suppose, more to follow tomorrow.
By the way, go check out our Team Wheaton website. One of my teammates, Andy, has written up a nice recap of his season and a few things about each of the guys on the team, and few outsiders as well. Go check it out, the link is on the right-hand side of this page. Until next time.......

No comments: