Monday, December 11, 2006

A Little Overwhelmed......

It was an extremely difficult weekend for me to try to juggle my training and the housework that I needed to complete. Needless to say I didn't accomplish 100% of either task but I worked my butt off this weekend so I don't really have any regrets, it's not like I was just lazy and didn't feel like doing anything. I basically just didn't have enough time to do everything that I wanted to do, although I'm sure I could've done it all if I would've just skipped sleeping.....that's kind of necessary though. Anyways, here is what I did this weekend on the house....stripped, sanded, primed, painted and re-faced two whole cabinet bases along with installing all new hinges and knobs.....tore out my old kitchen supply lines (plumbing) and installed new lines, shutoff valves, and replaced some old copper and under-sink steel pipe with all new PVC pipes.....ripped off my existing countertops and installed new countertops.....my old sink and faucet went out with the old countertops so I also put in a new sink and faucet and along with that a new garbage disposal.....tore down all my old tile backsplash, spackled any rough spots and prepped it for my new backsplash.......and finally, I installed a new dishwasher. That was just the work on my house, I also had to do a lot of running around and had other things to take care of as well that cut in to the biking time. Needless to say, it was just a nutty weekend.....
So, on to the training info.....Saturday was a cold, windy day and not exactly riding weather but I managed to fight the weather right away in the morning and got out for a 3 hour, 20 minute ride and came back feeling pretty sore, as I think all my joints were frozen. I don't mind cold weather as obviously I can dress for it with all the clothes I have, but the wind is something different. Not only does it go right through you, but mentally it's pretty difficult to deal with when it is cold in the first place. I don't mind it in the summer, but in the winter it just makes me think that I should just turn around, go in to my basement, and sweat my ass off on the trainer. Well, sometimes I do just that when I'm having a weak moment, but this year I'm really trying to stick to my guns so that I can kick some butt next year. Having said that, Sunday pretty much sucked for riding even though it was the better of the two days only because I was so busy that I didn't have any time to ride as long as I wanted. I had to do some running around in the mid-morning and along with having no choice but to finish my kitchen if I actually wanted running water, I had to cut my riding short on Sunday and was only able to ride for 1.5 hours of my scheduled 2.75 for the day. Oh well, I got my kitchen done for the most part so I was really happy about that, and at least I have running water again. Today is normally a rest day on the bike but I will make up for some missed time yesterday by riding for an hour on the trainer and it is also a normally scheduled weight-work day so I'll be doing that as well. This week looks great as far as temps go, but it doesn't matter anyways as I'll be at work obviously every day. So, it's another week of trainer workouts and I'm really looking forward to Saturday now as the forecasted high is going to be 47 degrees!!! I'm scheduled for 3.5 hours so I am really looking forward to that ride, should be a good one. Sunday is supposed to be 34 degrees which is plenty warm enough to ride, and I have a lot of time now, so I'll have no problem getting in my 2.75 hours scheduled for that day. Well, until next time...........

No comments: