Saturday, December 16, 2006

Windy And Weary

Today was a fairly long day on the bike, about 3 hours and 45 minutes from New Berlin to Burlington to Alpine Valley and then back to Burlington to my final destination of my mom's holiday cookie day. Unfortunately I had a headwind almost the whole way heading south so that made the temps seem a little more frigid than the 50 degree temperature. Add that to the lack of any sun and it made for a ride that was just difficult given all the hills I did around Alpine Valley and my 2 trips up Johnson Rd. used in the State RR. Don't get me wrong though, it was great to get out in the middle of December for a ride of almost 4 hours. My legs are definitely sore but overall I feel o.k.. I took my camera with and took pics of some of the hills I had to climb, most of them not too long but all of them very steep. Tomorrow is supposed to clear up with a little sunshine I think starting around 9:00 so I'm going to ride at about 10:00 for 2 hours 45 minutes tomorrow, and I'll make sure it's an easier route than today to give the legs a little rest. I'll probably head out to the Waukesha area and do a loop around there and then one of my New Berlin to Muskego loops. Well, I'm keeping it short today, pretty tired so I'm going to take a shower (yes, I'm still stinky from this morning's ride) and then go to bed at about 10:00 or 10:30. Here are the pics I took

Johnson Rd. from the State RR course.......





A nice double dipper on Hargraves road between Johnson Rd. and Alpine.....





Hwy. 120 heading towards Alpine Valley, to get an idea of how long and steep it is, check out the cars at the bottom and then look at the speck of a car at the top.......



Kniep Rd, super steep, check out the sign at the bottom in relation to the top of the hill, it goes up really quick....

No comments: