Thursday, December 14, 2006

Who Needs To Train.....

......not me! It certainly seems like that this week as it has been an extremely busy week for me, although most of the busy work is my own doing. I haven't trained this week as much as my schedule called for and it's leaving me a little miffed, but I have lifted a lot of weight off my shoulders by getting things done around the house that have weighed heavily on me the last few months....or basically since the summer when I stopped working on the house altogether to do all my races. That should all end tonight as I closed out a few things last night that should free up a lot of time. As an example I bought my wife a laptop for X-mas (an early gift) and of course I had to set it up for wireless access, add her preferred software (all licensed copies of course.. ;), move over her Itunes library, set up file and print sharing with our desktop PC, delete all the free-trial garbage that always comes on those things, and then finally test it all out. That took quite a while last night but now she is all set up and I won't have to do anything until she screws it up somehow in the next two weeks by downloading some game with spyware or something. Needless to say I didn't have much time to ride after that so I did a short 1 hour ride and called it a night. I also did my weight work yesterday as well so at least I got that completed. Well, today will be 2 hours on the trainer while I watch Talladega Nights with Will Ferrell, tomorrow will be weights again and a 1.5 hour ride that I'm doing to make up for missed time earlier in the week as I normally don't ride on Friday. Saturday is still holding out for temps around 50 and mostly cloudy so I'm going to do 3.5 to 4 hours and save gas in the process. I have a holiday get- together in Burlington so I'm going to ride down there from New Berlin and go out to East Troy and do some roads around Alpine Valley and the Johnson Rd. climb used in the State RR, and then head in to Burlington. Should be about 65-70 miles total, not too bad for December 16th! Sunday is supposed to be in the lower 40s I believe so I'll be doing my normally scheduled 2.75 hour ride but not sure where I'm going yet, hopefully I can get some other guys together for a group ride but we'll see. Overall I'm feeling good, it's still early in the year, the training year that is, as it's obviously not '07, so I'm not too worried about a couple of missed training hours earlier this week. My weight-loss is not happening as quickly as I had hoped as I haven't lost any weight since October and have stayed steady at about 182-185 but I think that part of it is the weight-lifting. I'm probably losing some fat but that is being offset by the weight gain of the muscle I'm building from lifting. Once I can really get out and do the long rides in the late winter/early spring then I should burn the fat without any issues. I'd like to get down to at least 173-175 by April and that should be good enough for me this year. I'm just a tad over 6ft so I don't want to get too much lower than that or I'll look sickly and probably would lose power as well. Well, that's all for now, until next time.........

No comments: