Sunday, August 19, 2007

Rain, Rain, and More Rain....

...and unfortunately that meant that I didn't get to ride as much as wanted today. I watched the radar most of the morning and when I saw a break in the precipitation I decided to head out and get in as much riding as I could before the rains came down again. Well, unfortunately the rain didn't hold out long as I got about 40 minutes from home and then it started coming down again, not too heavy, but heavy enough to make me decide to turn around and go home. So basically I got in over an hour but no where near what I wanted to do today, and it doesn't look like I'll get in a lot of riding tomorrow either. I may have to resort to riding the trainer tomorrow, which sucks to do in August, but with my first and only 1/2/3 race on Saturday, I have to get in a bit of riding before then. I'm really out of shape right now but I did do the Drop The Doc ride yesterday and had no problem hanging in with the group and I actually feel really good today, no soreness or anything. Next Saturday will be faster than the 24.5 mph average we did yesterday so I'm not really putting much credo in to how I felt yesterday because that won't mean much for the race. Either way, I feel I'm in good enough shape anyways to hang with the group next week, even if it is at the back, I'd be happy with that in my first race in 8 weeks. Well, it's getting late, time for bed....until next time.......

No comments: