Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Rec Rider

That's me right now, just a rec rider....if that. I haven't touched the bike in about 9 or 10 days and only rode 6 times in the previous two weeks before that. I've gained 10lbs at least, so yeah, right now I'm about as fast as a rec rider. I guess I just lost the motivation after the State Crit Championship, partially because I knew I wasn't doing SuperWeek and also because the next WCA race isn't until August 25th, a whole 8 weeks from the previous WCA race. I figured I'd use some of that time to cut back on training to get things done around the house, go to Brewer games, eat brats and drink beer. Well I did all that and cut back SO much on training that I didn't train at all. Now with the next race 3 weeks away I'm doubting that I will be doing it since I still haven't found the motivation to train as of yet. It would be my first race in the Masters 1/2/3 category and I would instantly get popped off the back if I did the race in the shape I am in now. I guess in the back of my mind I've already resigned myself to the fact that I might as well just be getting ready for next year since this year is pretty much over for me. I'm sure I haven't lost motivation to quit cycling completely but obviously something just isn't striking me right now that would make riding my bike appealing on any given night. I get home after a long day at work and it just seems like the last thing I want to do so I usually eat and lay down. Somehow, somewhere I need to find that motivation again. Not sure how though.....oh well. I certainly ain't feeling sorry for myself, I've been able to get a lot done around the house, I've become pretty proficient at my other hobby, playing electric guitar, and I've also been able to spend some quality time with the family before they go back to school (both the wife and the kid). Other than that, our team ran the WI State TT and that went off without a hitch, everyone on the team did a great job helping out, and as much work as it was I don't think I'd mind doing it again next year, but we'll see, I may change my mind yet. Anyways, that's it for now, not sure if anyone is reading this anymore........until next time....

1 comment:

ScootsOnMoots said...

Hey...I'm still reading. Nice work with the TT. It takes a lot of effort, maybe more so than the crit. Each person going off is their own individual stage and with it every challenge that goes along with wave starts.