Monday, August 27, 2007

Tough Weekend

Well, all I have to say about Saturday's race is that it sucked. I know I have a lot of work to do now ahead of next season. Hopefully I can make the commitment in the off-season and next year to be able to not only stay with the M1/2/3s, but also to compete for victories. That's the plan now, I'm already laying out my 2008 training program.
As for the rest of the weekend, I did the Cream City Century yesterday, starting with my dad and my friend Dave. My dad peeled off and ended up doing the 62 mile route and Dave and I continued on and finished the century. I felt really good throughout and in spite of doing 100 miles I think I actually gained weight. I bet I had a total of 20 cookies, 3 brownies, 3 sandwiches, 2 bananas, 2 oranges, and 5 bottles of Gatorade and 4 bottles of water. Oh yeah, and afterwards I had spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, and a soda. I'm not sure of my calorie expenditure, but I sure did have a large caloric intake. The weather was perfect, there were quite a few riders out there and Dave and I had a good time rolling along on the roads around Waterford, East Troy, Elkhorn, and Whitewater. I thought when I got home that I'd be taking a nap since I was up at 6:00, but I ended up doing some grocery shopping with the family, cooking up some baby back ribs on the grill, and drinking 2 Harps which was a perfect ending to the night. I feel great today and will be taking a rest day on the bike and then will be riding through the rest of the week, with the only semi-competitive ride being the Doc ride on Saturday. Well, that's about it for now....until next time....

No comments: