Monday, November 12, 2007

Same Ole', Same Ole'

If you've been following my blog I'm sure you've noticed that it's pretty much been updated on Mondays and Fridays after I do my workouts for the week and then again after my weekend rides. I'll probably keep up that pattern for now unless something cool comes up during the week, because basically I do the same stuff every day and who wants to read about that day after day. As the season progresses I'll update a lot more, as once we get snow and I need to complain about not getting outside on the bike I'm sure I'll rant a lot more. I'll also have snowshoeing to talk about as I'll be trying that for the first time this year, assuming we even get snow. We did get it last year but it came in bursts and then went away, so we'll see what this year brings. My Turkey Day weight gain will also provide for some material as I always seem to gain about 3lbs on Thanksgiving and the few days following. Well, on to what I've been doing....
Friday I stuck around work and did my weight workout, nothing too heavy as I'm still in the low weight, high rep part of my program. I did have a bit of left knee pain though and I'll be lifting again tonight so we'll see if that's gone away or not. Right after my workout I went to meet the family at Charcoal Grill, but I didn't have one of their infamous Charcoal burgers, I had a New York Strip with yams and a salad, so nothing too fatty. We went back home and then played Guitar Hero III for about 90 minutes and then we all just relaxed after that. Saturday morning I woke up and did some yardwork right away in the morning and then mid-morning I took off for my ride out towards Mukwonago. I did that loop and then came back and did my Whitnall Park loop to finish off the ride. While going through the park I met up with Phil Cianciola and talked with him for about 5 minutes before going on my way to finish my loop and head back home. It was a great ride, the weather was decent, no complaints from me, as it is November and it could just as easily be snowing. After I got home I did a few more things around the house and then went to a movie with Melissa before heading to bed after a long day. I woke up Sunday morning to a little bit of drizzle and wet roads as I wanted to get in 3 hours before the Packer game. I decided to hold off on riding outside as it didn't make sense to me to ride in the drizzle and risk getting wet and sick. Well, about 20 minutes after I decided not to ride the drizzle had stopped and I could have still gone out and did my 3 hours outside before the game started, but I decided to just go back to bed, it was too early and I was tired. I slept for a bit more, got up, did some housework and decided that I'd ride on the trainer inside for the 3 hour duration of the Packer game. As the game started I jumped on the trainer and started to ride as the Pack started their whoopin' of the Vikings. I had just over an hour in when the Pack were up 10-0 and I could tell that the Vikings weren't going to do anything on offense so I figured what the heck, I'm going to get my outside ride in anyways, a Packer win is inevitable. So I quickly got dressed, bolted out the door and did my previously scheduled route, minus one short loop to make it a 2.5 hour ride. Add that to my hour inside already and I got in a nice 3.5 hours of riding yesterday to beat my previous few weekends of 7 hours. So I have to say, 7.5 hours this weekend was quite the accomplishment considering all the rest of the items I had to get done around the house, I got everything done and I feel good about where the yard is at and of course where my cycling fitness is at. My knee felt great all weekend on the bike after the tinges of pain while lifting on Friday, but of course today it is a little sore now as well. Keeping it loose on the bike actually makes it feel great, off the bike it stiffens up pretty quickly, but as long as I'm good on the bike, that's all that matters to me. I don't care if I'm in a wheelchair the rest of the time, it's all good. Anyways, this week will be more of the same, I'll be lifting tonight, Wednesday, and Friday. I'll be riding Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 90 minutes each day, all of them at Endurance pace, with One-Legged Pedaling thrown in on Tuesday and Thursday. I hope everyone got out on the bike this weekend, the snow is coming soon I'm sure so get in the riding while you can. I'll be riding when it snows anyways, but for those that stay inside all winter, get out now while the gettins' good. Until next time..........

No comments: