Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bahh....

So I resigned myself to riding inside last night on the rollers and it ended up not being as bad as I thought it would be. I was realllly tempted to ride outside in spite of the wind and imminent rain but I had been at work since 6:00a.m. and just wanted to sit down for a bit after I got home, plus Melissa made lasagna so that was too much of a temptation. So it's 7:30 now and I've been at work again since 6:00a.m. this morning and I only got about four and a half hours of sleep after tossing and turning most of the night because I couldn't breathe really well. My sinuses are stuffed up and I was trying to mouth breathe as I fell asleep and the pressure on my sinuses just made trying to fall asleep difficult. But anyways, back to my original point, I did ride the rollers last night, only for an hour but it was something, so I'm happy with that. I believe it is supposed to stay dry today and temps will be mid-40s so I'm thinking of cutting out of work today at 4:00 or 4:30 and getting in 60-90 minutes on the road. We'll see how tired I am, but I'm guessing I can manage to perk up enough to ride, especially since this weekend isn't looking so good right now. I really don't have a plan right now for the week, just ride as much as I can and then this weekend I'll play it by ear with regard to the weather and how much I'll ride. If it's dry then I'll be out for 3 hours each day just to get in some miles. I'm not really looking at "quality" rides right now, no intervals or anything like that, just enjoyable normal rides to get some miles back in the legs. I've got some housework, of course, planned for the weekend as well. I'll be out in the yard trimming trees if it's dry, otherwise I'll be in the garage doing some Spring cleaning with the intent of getting rid of some old junk. I've got bike parts I need to get on eBay this weekend as well, along with my Cannondale frame but I'm still making sure my new rig is working well before getting rid of that. So far, so good.
Other than that, too bad about Lance, I was disappointed that he crashed (just think how he felt), I was really looking forward to seeing how he would do in his first Giro. Sounds like he will definitely be back for the Tour, but may skip the Giro or just do part of it. He probably won't be competitive as planned, but you never know with Lance, he's a very determined person.
Also, check out the WCA website, wicycling.org, and read the article about Paul Warloski, a local cyclist that got hit by a car recently. He's got a good blog about his rehabilitation and sounds like he is in good spirits. I live in the same area as Paul and have seen him out riding quite a few times, along with racing along side him in a bunch of races in 2007 before I upgraded last year. He seemed like a really nice guy so I wish him the best in his recovery.
That's it for now, until next time.....

No comments: