Saturday, March 14, 2009

This Is More Like It

Weather was pretty nice today, probably 45-47 degrees and not much wind, maybe 8-10 mph and I did my best to enjoy it. I got out this morning and did some yardwork up until about 11:30ish and then got out for an afternoon ride. It was great, the sun felt good, and my legs actually had a little zip in them. I'm a little sore now though and will probably feel a little less zippy tomorrow I'm sure. Tomorrow is supposed to bring some better weather and I'm really looking forward to it, hopefully another great ride of 3 hours or so. I did a couple of minutes under 3 hours today (literally 2:58), and would like to do the same tomorrow, at least that's what my planned route calls for as long as I stick to my projected average speed. I saw 4 or 5 other cyclists out there today and a countless number of walkers and joggers. It's great to see everyone enjoying the change of weather, but it's only March 14th, and the chance of getting more snow is still pretty good. I think back to last year and how we didn't really get rid of all the snow until the end of April I think or early May. There's no snow now though and none in the forecast so I'm happy with that. It's supposed to be in the upper 50s and possibly 60 this week but next weekend will be back in the mid to upper 30s. My plan is to get out and ride after work during the week for as long as daylight allows and then get about 6 hours next weekend.
On another note, looks like Contador was actually human today, although a hunger knock was the cause, maybe not so much his fitness, so I'm sure he's not so worried about what appears inevitable for the TdF, a victory. His team at Paris-Nice is definitely not the "A" team though so his supporting cast can't really be to blame, they just aren't that good except for Popovych, who is one of the few from this squad who will be on the TdF squad.
Well, that's it for now, until next time.........

No comments: