Thursday, June 14, 2007

Takin' It Easy

Not much to say today, took it easy, an on-the-bike scheduled rest day. 90 minutes at an easy pace, 17.0mph, and I took a pretty flat course. I feel really good right now after my tempo and sprint work on Tuesday and my PowerIntervals yesterday and today was just a day to let the body recover and then I'll give it a little kick again tomorrow before Saturday's race. Right now the weather looks beautiful for Saturday, I love the heat and it's going to be close to 90, ideal for me. I'll be cleaning up my bike a bit tonight and tomorrow and I'm sure I'll get a lot of sleep tomorrow as it's finally a race where I don't have to be there at 8:00 for a 9 or 10 o'clock start. It's not a far drive compared to other races so the 2:00 start doesn't bother me, plus we planned on hanging out anyways to watch some other races, have a beer (I'm bringing a cooler full), and grab some grub. Not ideal for Sunday's race but I'm not going to go crazy and have 5 beers and brats......maybe just one beer and I'm sure I'll find something decent to eat. Anyways, that's it for now, just relaxing and waiting for the racing this weekend......until next time.

No comments: