Friday, June 01, 2007

Ridin' The Storm Out

It's storming pretty good right now and hopefully will be moving through before the Trek 100 starts tomorrow morning so that my teammates doing that can get in their 100 miles without contending with lightning and downpours. Before the storms moved in today I got in a nice 55 mile ride and did about 120 minutes of Tempo, way more than I had scheduled but I felt really good and wanted to push it today. My back is not sore any more, it does feel a little tight but nothing I can't manage right now with a little stretching. Tomorrow is my sister-in-law's wedding but I don't have to be there until about 1:00 so I'm hoping if I get up early the rain will be gone and I can get in a short ride before I have to start getting ready to go. It's an outdoors wedding so I've got my fingers crossed that the rain holds off for that as well. Sunday is not looking the greatest either right now, about a 60% chance of rain so I might be riding indoors Sunday as of right now.
It's a week until the State Road Race and right now I'm pretty confident, I'm not going to get much better in the next week so I'll make do with my fitness as of right now. I can lose about another 2 or 3 lbs though, anything to help get up that pesky, long hill. Well, time to get to bed, I need to be up early tomorrow and we will be at a wedding, and that means free beer and a late night I'm sure. Until next time.......

No comments: