Thursday, May 11, 2006

Sick And Tired - But Ready To Race, Maybe

Well, this week has not been good as I've been sick for most of the week and unable to ride the bike. I last rode on Sunday afternoon and have been sick since Monday night with a little bit of a stomach bug and some chills and fever. I started to feel better yesterday morning and thought I was going to get on the bike but after lunch I got a major headache and fever and basically slept the whole night. I am feeling quite a bit better today (so far) and hope to ride for about 1.5 hours on the rollers tonight. Tomorrow will be a 45 min to 1 hour ride on the rollers if I'm still feeling good, and if it doesn't rain like it's supposed to then I'll ride it outside and do some sprints. If I'm feeling 100 percent Saturday morning then I'll probably do the Muskego race even though I haven't ridden much this week. It's supposed to only be 54 degrees and rainy on Saturday so regardless of how I'm feeling I may stay home as I don't need to get sick by sitting in the rain all morning. I'm looking forward to the races next week, Baraboo again on Saturday and Wheels on Willy Criterium on Sunday. We'll see how the schedule works out with the family as I may only be able to do one race. My preference would be the Willy race as there are really good cash prizes and I've done quite well on that course in my previous racing life. I kind of want to do Baraboo again to see if I could do better but like I said, I'm sure the wife won't let me do two races. I'll update you all again tomorrow with the progress of my health and whether or not I'll race Saturday. Until tomorrow.............


Crappy Rain!!!!!!



No comments: