Tuesday, May 02, 2006

There Is Always Next Time

Well, this weekend didn't go as well as I had hoped but I guess I should be happy to finish without crashing or getting dropped. Again it came down to a bunch sprint and this time I had good position but just got wasted in the sprint, finishing somewhere around 30th (don't have exact results). I tried to attack twice with 4 laps to go and on the last lap but couldn't get away from the pack as I don't have the cumulative power built up that comes from riding for a couple of years in a row. Next year I'll have that but it won't help me now. The race played out pretty poorly as the pack stayed together for almost the whole race until about 2 laps to go when the winner broke away and managed to stay away for the remaining two laps for the win. Unfortunately no one organized a chase, which is just beside me as there were multiple teams in the race. Masters racers just like to sit in and wait for the bunch sprint, I guess they don't want to win, they just want to sit in and finish the race. Monday was a rest day so I just laid around the house, tonight I'll be riding with the Velocity team in Sussex. I'm still recovering a bit from my cold as I can feel it in my throat and I still have a lot of nose drainage but I think I'm getting better and should be rid of this soon. Well, here are some pictures of me leading up a hill (in red shorts - check out those muscles!!) and a crash during the race....


No comments: