Monday, February 26, 2007

Still Feeling Good

So after Saturday night's ride I put some FlexAll cream on the knee and took a couple of ibuprofen and everything felt great when I woke up on Sunday morning and I was ready to ride again. I did some errands and cleaned up a bit around the house and then got on the bike in the evening after dinner. I stretched quite a bit and then jumped on the trainer for 3 hours, a little less than I wanted to do but it was already pretty late by the time I finished so I wasn't disappointed to skip the last 30 minutes. I put some more FlexAll on the knee and again took some more ibuprofen and all was good. I kept a fairly high cadence again and kept the gearing pretty easy so I didn't really stress the knees too much at all. I feel really good this morning and can't wait to test out the knees again tomorrow as today is a rest day on the bike. I will still be doing some stretching and light weight work tonight in the fitness center concentrating mainly on stretching out the hamstrings and doing some weight work with the hips and I'll also be doing some ab work. The rest of the week will be spent on the trainer as we got dumped on this weekend with about 10 inches of snow so the trainer schedule looks like this: Tues. - 2.5hrs, Wed. - 2hrs, Thurs. - 2.5hrs, Frid. - 1hr, and then I'll decide what the weekend holds after I get a better idea of what the weather is going to do. I'll also be doing weights on Wednesday and Friday in addition to tonight's workout.
Other than that the racing season is coming up pretty quickly, only a month from Thursday will be the first race and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm not really worried too much about how the first race is going to play out, everybody will probably be in about the same form and I'm sure most of us will just use it to see where we are at compared to everyone else. Considering that the first race is only a month away I'm disappointed that I still haven't been able to get on my new bike yet but I still have a couple things left to buy before I can put it together. I'm going to need a new rear derailleur and also brakes for the new rig so I have to start looking on eBay to find them otherwise I'll have to go to Ben's Cycle to order some if nothing pops up. I can't wait to get the new bike on the road, it would be nice to ride it at least a couple of times before the first race! Well, that's it for now, until next time......

No comments: