Sunday, April 22, 2007

GDVC#2

Here are some race pictures.....a couple of the whole pack and then the breakaway I was in that ultimately failed when I got caught in the last lap. Ultimately I recovered enough to get 8th in the sprint. I wish I had just a little more power as all I needed was one more lap to pull out at least a 3rd or 4th place finish. I knew I was going to get caught though in the last lap either way though so I sat up and rested right before I was caught to get my legs under me again for the sprint. I actually passed guys in the sprint and was pretty happy with that considering that I had been out in front of the pack for about 20 minutes. I'm really happy with where I'm at with my fitness, can't wait for the next couple of races. Right now, after what I think is an accurate calculation I'm actually in 2nd place in the standings by 1 point. The ages weren't posted for yesterday's results so I got 5th and I'm basing my points on the fact that I think everyone ahead of me was in the 30-39 group. If there was any 40+ guys in the top 4 then I'm in first place in the standings by 2 points. I won't know for sure until tomorrow, but I'm guessing 2nd is accurate.

No comments: