Saturday, April 14, 2007

Not Feeling That Great

Well, tomorrow is another race and I have to say that I'm not feeling that great and it's somewhat disappointing after a good two weeks of training since the last race. I started to feel under the weather 2 days ago and it was not too bad yesterday but then this morning I woke up feeling like crap to put it succinctly. It's a cold though so I should have no problem racing tomorrow as it's not the flu so I don't have to worry about puking or anything during the race. It's mainly sore throat, head congestion, and body aches. I did ride yesterday and today, about 2.5 hours yesterday and only 1hr15mins today but today didn't feel all that great. I was barely out of the driveway and my HR was up to 150, and the first little rise I came upon caused my HR to go up to 175 and I wasn't even breathing or trying hard. The elevated HR obviously means that my body is working to fight off this cold, but I have to say that my rate of exertion didn't seem that high so I think I can still hammer tomorrow but it will be with a HR pegged at 190 the whole time. Oh well, still should be fun. It appears that we'll have 5 guys from the team at the race tomorrow to take it to the rest of the Masters 4/5 racers, so hopefully we can get a break going or at least get a good train going for the finishing sprint.
As far as tonight goes I'm just going to finish some work on the house, clean my bike up a bit, and then relax on the couch and probably fall asleep there well before 10:00. Oh yeah, I have to shave my legs up a bit as they are getting a bit stubbly. Well, can't wait for tomorrow's race, the weather looks great, at least there is no snow in the forecast, so that's a bonus. Until next time.....

No comments: