Wednesday, May 02, 2007

As Good As It Gets

Last night was just absolutely gorgeous, the weather was perfect for riding and I couldn't have had a better ride, too bad sunset seemed to come so quickly. I got out right after getting home from work and was on the road by 5:45 and heading towards Mukwonago in a big loop, hopeful to get in the whole ride by the time the sun went away. I warmed up for all of 5 minutes and then jumped right in to my Tempo workout which I ended up doing for 120 minutes instead of 90 because I felt so good. Basically it was smooth sailing and I had my HR at 164-167 for 2 hours and after including my warm up and cool down, my average HR for the 2hr15min ride was 162. I felt like I was in my own little world on this ride, barely breathing, light on the pedals and just really focused. All in all, with the weather and the way I felt, it's days like last night that really make this all seem worth while. It was just an enjoyable ride, it didn't even seem like training. Tonight is intervals at Muskego Park ahead of the race in two weeks, should be another nice night as far as weather and hopefully I feel as well as I did last night.
Other than that, I've got another new hobby that I picked up about 3 weeks ago and that is keeping me busy as well. I bought an electric guitar, a Fender Stratocaster, and have been practicing up on that at night to keep me busy. Between cycling and practicing, I barely have time to work on the house....oh well, priorities first! Until next time........

No comments: