Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Fueling The Fire

Sunday was a great day on the bike..... no HR monitor, no bike computer, just 4 hours of riding from Burlington to Lake Geneva, once around the lake, back to Burlington, over to the State RR course and a few times up Johnson Rd., and then back to Burlington. Not sure what my average speed was, no record of my average HR, and I have to say it felt good to just ride. Yesterday I did a little hour easy ride and then grilled out with my family and sat on the deck and enjoyed the wonderful evening. It wasn't exactly the best dinner for today's ride as it was all protein and/or fat and I know protein is good for time-release energy so those 3 brats I ate are providing me energy right now I think. Either that or they are just turning to fat as I sit in my cubicle for 9 hours, oh well. Maybe the 2 beers I had will help offset that and provide me the carbs I need, somehow I doubt it, but again, oh well. I did eat good today so I'm hoping I'm properly fueled up for my ride tonight. I'm going to hit the bike right after work and will ride until the sun sets, hopefully about 2 to 2.25 hours or until I get bored riding around the block eeking out the last bit of daylight before I can't see any more. Tomorrow will be intervals again around Muskego Park barring any rain, which would relegate me to the trainer in the basement. Hopefully I don't feel quite as bad as I felt last Wednesday when I really struggled up that little, steep double-step hill. It doesn't look like much but after about 10 times around it at 92% max it starts to hurt big time. I'm feeling better this week than I did last week and I think I'm almost 100% recovered from my cold or whatever I had. Physically and mentally I feel way better than when I was at my worst on Saturday. Hopefully that continues through the weekend and I have a good showing at the race. Well, that's all for now, until next time.....

No comments: