Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Back Breaker

Tonight was a wonderful night with temps in the 80s, very little wind and after a little bit of rain, some clear skies. I got out for 2.5 hours by starting from home and heading to Whitnall Park where I started my 4x9 minute Steady State intervals. Basically it's 9 minutes at 92% and then I give myself 6 minutes of recovery and repeat. I used the Whitnall race course so that I could get some hillwork as well, even if it is a little hill. Nobody else was there and traffic was very minimal, it was almost like I owned my own little race course. After the intervals were done I rode more of the Oak Leaf Trail and then stopped temporarily to get some water and my back started to hurt terribly. I tried getting back on the bike and could barely pedal and had to ride home at like 15mph. I was riding home in my 39x23 and getting passed by rec riders left and right, I felt ashamed. I'm not sure what happened but right now I can't bend over and the left side of my back hurts pretty bad. I've had this before and it usually goes away in a day or less, it's just annoying. This time I'm hoping it's something different.....my intervals went so well and I felt really strong so I think my body is compensating. I think that my back and ribs broke themselves in order to make room for my lungs to grow, you know, like werewolf style. I've got my fingers crossed on this one, I really hope that's it. If not, I'll be really pissed. Tomorrow is another day of about 2.5 hours with 75 minutes of Tempo and I think I'll be heading out to the Vernon, Big Bend, Tichigan area and then back via Muskego, should be a good ride if it doesn't rain. Well, that's it for now, time to go to bed, I have to be up at 5:00 to be to work early. Until next time..............

No comments: