Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Still In First?? Weird.......

Yes, I'm still in first in the WI Cup point series, albeit tied now with another rider and we have 2 riders tied at 20 points behind us. I looked over the results of the Whitnall race and I actually did get WI Cup points because there were a few Illinois riders in front of me at the finish and so obviously the points go to the next eligible Wisco rider. Needless to say I was still surprised to see I was in the lead on Monday but it will be short lived as I'm only going to do one of the two races this weekend. I've decided for sure that I'm skipping the Sauk City race on Saturday and will only do the Neenah race on Sunday and then I will concentrate on the Muskego race next weekend and the double the following weekend with Sauk City #2 and Wheels on Willy. There is just too much going on around the house for me this week and I've got a lot to get done and my wife's birthday is Friday and I'd like to spend some time with her. Unfortunately I know I'll lose my points lead Saturday but I figured I would go 100% at Neenah on Sunday and will hopefully take advantage of the others that raced Saturday and have tired legs. Maybe I'll still come out of the weekend with the lead. I will then concentrate on making a good effort at Muskego and then I want to blow the competition wide open the double weekend of Sauk #2 and Wheels on Willy. I'm planning on that weekend being a bit of a peak weekend for me but we'll see as it's still early. I feel that my fitness will be pretty high for the next few weekends as I was almost under a forced rest this past week with my cold so I think that it might have actually helped give my body the rest it needed. I will really amp it up this week and it starts with a couple hour ride tonight where I'll do about 90 minutes of Tempo during my ride and then I'll finish off another hour on the trainer for 3 hours total. Tomorrow I'm going to the Muskego course and will be doing OverUnder Intervals on the race course for an hour and including the ride to and from the course I should get in 2.5 pretty hard hours tomorrow. Thursday will be an endurance pace ride of 2.5 hours and then Friday will be only a 1 hour recovery ride in the morning before work as I'll be busy Friday night. Saturday I'll be doing all my junk around the house that I need to get done but I'll make time for about a 2-3 hour ride and I really have to clean my bike as well so I'll do that Saturday.
If there is one thing that cycling does for me is that it definitely helps relieve stress as it's been a very hectic last couple of days at work and at home and I'm really looking forward to getting out on the road and just forgetting about all of it. If I wasn't cycling I might just go home and drink about 5 beers tonight...I may just do that anyways. Last night I got to go to the Brewers game, that was definitely a great time and I had a couple of beers there, so that is probably my allotment for the week. Well, back to work to finish up a few things and then it's off to ride.....until next time.....

No comments: