Saturday, February 23, 2008

Couldn't Resist A Little More

Today was one of those days where I didn't even want to get on the bike, it was colder than I wanted it to be for a long ride and it's always a chore to get all the layers on and try to balance being warm and on the other hand, being too warm and sweating too much. Well today was no problem with the sweating as it was about 27-28 degrees for my ride, although the workout that I went through today was definitely cause for sweat. After begrudgingly putting on the layers I headed out the door with the intention of doing 3.5 to 4 hours and doing tempo work and hill repeats. I warmed up fairly quickly and got going on the Tempo stuff for a bit until I got out to the loop where I was going to do the hill repeats. I did my repeats for a while and then figured I'd start another loop out towards Waukesha, something that would bring me back towards Muskego eventually. So I did that, rode through Muskego to Big Bend and back around the south side of Muskego and then back to New Berlin. So, after not wanting to get all dressed up and even take on the cold weather I ended up doing a 5 hour ride, and I paid for it at the end as I was wiped out from the Tempo work and the hill repeats and my toes were frozen solid by the end. I've attached my chart below of today's ride, you can see my HR is in the ozone layer for the first 4 hours of the ride as I did my Tempo work and hill repeats, and then my last hour is basically a nice flat pace and a cooldown, literally, as I was heading home right at sunset and the temps were dropping. I had a nice big dinner of spaghetti, some bread and recovery drink. I'm getting ready to prop the legs up a bit now and then I'll hit the bed in about an hour. Tomorrow I'll be going out to tiny Trevor to ride with the prez for about 3 hours. Should be a good ride, it'll be at least 6-7 degrees warmer than today so I have that going for me. Well, like I said, today was one of those days where you jump on the bike and are having such a good time that you don't want to stop. Hopefully I'll have many more of those this year as Team Wheaton and I are kicking butt on the rest of Wisco riders. Time for bed, until next time.........




[Click To Enlarge]

No comments: