Monday, February 18, 2008

Sloppy and Sore

Well, it's snowing pretty good out right now and that's just adding to the sloppy mess that we got yesterday with the rain and sleet mix which then froze overnight. Yay for winter, um, just kidding, I hate it. Eventually it has to stop though right, and that means that I'll get back on the road hopefully sooner than later, I'm not minding the trainer at all these days but I sure would like some sunshine. Race season doesn't seem far away and I'm starting to believe that even in spite of the lack of road riding the last couple of weekends, that I will be ready to rock come April 5th. This weekend was a good weekend of training, and went as follows: Friday was weights after work and then I went home, ate dinner and jumped on the rollers and trainer for 2.5 hours, Saturday was 1hr 45 minutes of snowshoeing and then 3 on the trainer. I would have loved to have been on the road Saturday as it was sunny and 26 degrees but there was so much slop on the roads that I couldn't have even made it out of my subdivision. Sunday was the top ride with a nice workout of 4 hours on the trainer and I did Tempo work, Muscle Tension and Fast Pedals. I'm completely beat today but thankfully after 3 tough days of riding it's a rest day on the bike tonight. I will be doing weights tonight but I think I'll be taking it a little easier depending on how sore I am still at the end of the day. Today is all about recovery, making sure I drink a lot of water, replenishing the glycogen stores, and tonight I'll probably get to bed early too, I didn't get alot of sleep this weekend and I'm feeling it now. Looking at the weather forecast, it doesn't look like it will be a good weekend but it's hard to tell now. Forecast is for 30 degrees Saturday and Sunday and 40% chance of, you guessed it, more snow! whoohoo....bah. Well, that's it for now, until next time.

No comments: