Friday, February 01, 2008

Still Truckin' Along

So I haven't had much to say lately because I haven't been doing much. Lifting, riding occassionally, and just waiting for nicer weather. After about 3 or 4 weeks now of not riding outside, I've got a major case of cabin fever and this weekend I'm going to give it a go on the SS regardless of all the snow on the road, with an outside ride most likely coming on Sunday. I got a new toy that I'm going to play with as well this weekend and I'll give a review after the weekend of riding is over. I'll also be snowshoeing a bit tomorrow, we sure as hell have enough snow for it. I'm gradually losing weight, so that is coming along well, I'll be at racing weight with no problem by the first race in April. The WCA schedule also came out today and along with Superweek and the Iowa Memorial Day races; my schedule looks pretty full with about 35 races for the year. Possibly the Masters Nationals in Kentucky as well, but that would be a bit of a stretch. Been riding on the trainer the last few days and will hit it up again tonight for about 90 minutes of easy riding to loosen up for the thrashing I'm going to give myself this weekend. My schedule calls for kicking up the intensity in the next few weeks so the hurting is going to be happening on a more regular basis as I progress towards April. Well, that's it for now, hope you all enjoy your weekend, hit those skis or the mtb, and maybe a beer or two....enjoy, until next time..........

No comments: