Thursday, April 20, 2006

3 Days and Counting!

Only 3 more days after today before my first race of the year and I'm getting a little anxious. The main reason for my anxiety is because of my cold, if I can't ditch this by Sunday it could hinder me quite a bit during attacks. I can do a nice steady pace without hacking up too much junk but once I push it on hills or sprint I can feel it in my lungs. Hopefully the field stays together until about a lap or two to go, then I'll make my move. The second reason I'm a little anxious is just because I haven't raced in 10 years!!! It's going to be nerve-wrecking for the first few laps and then I'm hoping I'll settle in and it will be like the old days. I'm not sure my fitness is quite where it needs to be to win but obviously everyone should be in the same boat as me when it comes to training base at this time of year. Well, last night I did a 1.25 hour ride instead of my normal 2 hours because my lungs were just too congested to ride for a long period and it was a little cold and there were a few sprinkles here and there on the road. Tonight I'll definitely be riding my full ride and I believe I am scheduled for either Steady State or Over/Under Intervals, I'm not sure which one since I'm not at home right now. Tomorrow will be a rest day and I'm not quite sure what Saturday will be yet, it depends on if my cold is gone or not. Most likely it will be about a 2.5 or 3 hour ride with some hill repeats and Race Simulation. I'll update ya'll on Saturday with the latest.................

No comments: