Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Under The Weather

I haven't posted the last few days but of course I've still been riding. I've been a little bit under the weather and haven't been able to do quite the full amount of training that I wanted to, but I've still been riding hard nonetheless. I've been taking all of my vitamins and getting lots of sleep and yesterday I started to feel pretty good and today I'm probably ready to kick up my intensity again. Last week Thursday and Friday I did some relatively easy rides of 1 hour 30 minutes and 1 hour 15 minutes as I was at the height of my cold and was suffering from its effects. Saturday I did a good 2 hour 25 minute ride but was still having trouble breathing so I didn't go the 3 hours I had planned. I did lots of hill repeats and felt pretty good overall but could tell my body wasn't responding the way I wanted it to so I knew I wasn't at full strength. I didn't ride Sunday because of Easter and the rain that we got, but I made up for that on Monday by doing a hard 1 hour 40 minute ride with Power Intervals thrown in to build power at lactate threshold. Tonight I will be riding with the Velocity team in Sussex and I'm sure it will be my first real test of the year as they are a good team. I hope to be challenged because I need to gauge my fitness ahead of this Saturday's race in Whitewater. I might not be full strength tonight because of my cold but I should be able to hang with them without any issues.

No comments: