Thursday, June 15, 2006

Yeah, We Need Rain, buttt......

....I also have to get my training in today so I'm hoping that the storm heading our way avoids us long enough for me to get my ride in tonight. It's about 3:00 and I'll be riding at approximately 5:30 so I'm not sure if the storm will be here yet as it's pretty far west. Tonight I'll be doing a 2 hour ride with a set of 6 x 3 minute Power Intervals. If it looks like rain before I head out then I'll probably stick close to home so that I can get back before I get drenched. The last thing I need right now is to get sick after getting stuck in the rain, I can't afford to be training and recovering from sickness, they really don't mesh well. Unfortunately if I get stuck riding on the rollers tonight I won't be able to do my workout with as much intensity because I can spin out the rollers in a 53x12 at about 35-40 mph because I don't have the optional resistance unit. They are the smaller diameter drums for added resistance but it's still not enough. This coming winter I'll be getting a fluid trainer to complement the rollers so that I can do interval workouts with more intensity. Well, not much more to say....I'm feeling pretty wiped as I've been waking up early for work the last couple of days so tonight and tomorrow I'm going to have to catch up on sleep. In addition to the race on Saturday I have a lot of housework to finish so I'm going to need the rest. Until next time........

The Rain Is Coming.....



No comments: