Thursday, January 04, 2007

Need Some Sleep

I've been moving right along lately and feeling great with my training but today I'm a little tired because I didn't get a lot of sleep last night so I'm dreading my ride tonight just a little bit. It's not that I couldn't sleep last night, I just had a lot going on and chose not to go to bed early, but I definitely will tonight. I did weights yesterday after work and felt really good, it seems that the weight is too easy for the leg press and leg extensions so tomorrow I'm going to kick up the weight another 10lbs. to see if that makes a difference. I'd like to only be able to max out at 8 reps for each set but I feel like I can keep going for 10 or 11 at least so I definitely need to up the weight. After finishing weights I went home and ate some dinner and then jumped on the trainer for 1.5 hours and did 5 x 5 min Muscle Tension intervals. After doing weights my legs were warmed up and pumped for the intervals, so they seemed easy too, even in the 53x13. Tonight I have to do 2 hours on the trainer, just at Endurance Pace, and although I'm feeling sluggish and have a nasty headache I'm going to try to complete the whole 2 hours. I'll see how I feel after the first hour, I might just need to stop early and catch up on some of the sleep I missed yesterday. I hate to cut rides short when I'm not really sick or overtrained, being tired was my own doing last night, so I really should finish my whole workout. We'll see how it goes I guess, not sure......
Tomorrow is a weight day but a rest day on the bike. Saturday's forecast went from really good yesterday with almost no chance of rain to an 80% chance of rain now so my long ride most likely will not be outside now, which is disappointing. I've been spoiled lately I guess. It depends on how fast it moves through as they are forecasting most of the rain/snow mix for the morning I believe so hopefully I can still get out before noon. If it's a little wet still or just drizzling very lightly I will probably go to Lake Geneva and do the lakeshore route for 3 hours which is my scheduled workout for Sunday, but it's a very sheltered route so it might be better suited for Saturday's weather with the rain and wind. Sunday is still looking good so I'll probably move my ride to Delafield that I had scheduled for Saturday over to Sunday since that is a pretty open route and it appears it won't rain on Sunday. Soooo, as it looks I'll be doing hopefully 3 hours outside around Lake Geneva on Saturday and then 3.75 hours on Sunday to Delafield and back. Otherwise it's 3 hours on the trainer on Saturday and Sunday won't change either way. Not much else going on, my weight is still stable but I've started a plan to cut calories on light riding days, 2 hours or less, so that I can get rid of that extra 10lbs. Well, that's it....until next time......

No comments: