Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Recovered Nicely

So after my long ride on Saturday I've recovered quite nicely and can't wait to do it again this weekend. After the ride I managed to eat a lot of food in order to replenish myself for Sunday's ride on the trainer. Sunday of course was really crappy and it rained for most of the day with a little break later on after it got dark of course. I popped in a movie and watched some TV during my ride of not quite 2.75 hours, about 2hrs 35 minutes. I just kind of spontaneously ended the ride at that point because I hit a commercial during the show I was watching and had to go to the bathroom so I figured I wasn't going to miss out on 10 minutes, especially after going 23 minutes more than scheduled on Saturday. I felt really good and had no problems, basically it was just an endurance ride, no specialty workouts or anything, all in all it was pretty boring! Oh well.....Sunday night I headed to my friend Jason's house for a New Year's Eve party and we had a great time grilling out some steaks and having a few beers. I stayed over of course, which is the safe and legal thing to do, and drove home the following morning with a little bit of a headache. Monday was a rest day on the bike and it was really nice outside and if I didn't have my last family X-mas party to go to I would have been tempted to ride. Family took priority though and I was at my step-brothers from about noon until 4:30ish so there was no time to ride outside. Today was a 2 hour ride on the trainer and I did 10 Stomps after about a 45 minute warmup and that felt really good as well. I can definitely tell I have more strength than last year due to my weight training regimen this offseason. Last year there was no way I could have ridden 2 hours yet after the 1 month of training I had completed much less do 10 Stomps. Tomorrow I am scheduled to do 1.5 hours on the trainer with Muscle Tension intervals and I will also be doing weights as well after work. Thursday will be another 2 hours on the trainer at endurance pace and then Friday is a rest day on the bike but I will be doing weights. Saturday and Sunday are looking great right now, sunny and 38 on Saturday and sunny and 41 on Sunday. I'll be doing about 3.5 hours on Saturday and 3 hours on Sunday, and I'm doing 2 new routes again, so I can't wait to get lost! Until next time.............

No comments: