Thursday, March 15, 2007

Finally...An Update

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, life has been a little frenetic. Well, I've been sticking to the program for the most part, but I've had some re-occurrences of knee pain so I'm a little peeved about that. I thought all was well but after I got back from Florida I think the lack of stretching and riding caught up to me. I jumped on the bike Sunday after not keeping up with my stretching routine the whole time I was gone and I think that affected my knee and hips. I did ride Monday but skipped Tuesday as I fiddled with my position again. I rode again last night for 2 hours on the trainer and felt a little better as I rode pretty easy. Tonight I'll be doing medium duty work with weights and then will ride for 2.75 hours on the trainer. Tomorrow I'll do another 2 hours on the trainer and then Saturday I'll be doing 4-4.25 hours. I have to be in Germantown Saturday for my son's school activity so I'm going to ride from Germantown to New Berlin after it's over and my wife will drive the car home. I picked a route that goes from Germantown over to Holy Hill and then south to Pewaukee, over to Mukwanogo and then up to New Berlin, it's about 76 miles. Sunday I have to go to Chicago with the family for something at the Science and Industry Museum that we bought tickets for a while ago. I'll ride for about 1.5 hours in the morning before we go and then 2 hours after we get back.
Next week I'm on vacation from work and was hoping to have good weather so I could ride quite a bit, but it looks like we are going to get some rain and thunder storms. Monday and Tuesday look o.k., with temps in the low 40s and only a slight chance of rain on Tuesday. I'll be staying overnight in Dodgeville and will ride for at least those two days around the Blue Mounds area and if the rain holds off I will stay overnight Tuesday as well and ride there on Wednesday. After what will hopefully be 3 good days of riding I will only ride for about 1.5 to 2 hours on Thursday as I'll use that as a recovery day and I also have appointments at with my doctor for an adjustment and then I'm going to the Bike Doctor for a fitting in the afternoon. I'll also probably get a massage after the fitting as well. Friday if the rain holds off I've got a ride planned from New Berlin to Whitewater and back, exactly 100 miles. We'll see what the weather holds for the following weekend but after my hundred miler on Friday I'm only going to do about 2 hours on Saturday. Sunday will be another 5 hour ride from New Berlin to Alpine Valley and back.
Well, things aren't going exactly as planned and I don't feel nearly ready enough to race on the 1st, but I just have to keep riding and hope that everything falls in to place. All I have to say is I can't wait for the nice dry weather of summer, March weather is usually not a lot of fun to ride in......until next time...........

No comments: