Monday, March 05, 2007

Nice Weekend.....

.....Well, kind of. I didn't ride outside yesterday, stuck to hitting the trainer down in the basement because, for one, it was a little bit windy and the temps weren't all that great, and secondly the wife wanted me to do some cleaning around the house during the day. We had some running around to do as well so it was just easier to hit the bike in the evening. As I mentioned yesterday morning I planned on doing another 3hrs30min last night and I did just that, and unfortunately I couldn't start until 7:00 so I finished at 10:30, which made for some difficulty falling asleep as I was wide awake after my ride. I will be doing another trainer ride tonight after work, only 3 hours though just due to time constraints as I have to have some time to get ready to leave for Florida on Wednesday. Tomorrow will be 3.5 hours total but it will be one in the morning and 2.5 at night. So when I leave for Florida on Wednesday I won't feel too bad about not being able to ride while I'm down there as I'll have done 13.5 hours in the 4 days prior to leaving, not too shabby. Well, other than that, my weight was down to 176.5 as of this morning, that's the lowest I've been since about 1997 so I'm feeling pretty good about that. Now that I have virtually no arm muscle pretty much anyone could beat me up, but I'll just kick them if it comes to that.
Lastly, the powers that be are meeting today to determine if cycling in the Professional ranks will continue as we know it because no one can play nice and they all want to take their ball with them when they leave. I mean, c'mon, is it really worth ruining the racing season to prove a point? Maybe it is but I think the one thing that the UCI and the race organizers are completely overlooking is the solidarity of the riders. When push comes to shove it's ultimately the riders who will decide what's best for themselves, not the UCI or the ASO. Let's hope that they get this squared away so that we don't have to watch Paris-Nice or Le Tour with watered down French Continental teams.......until next time........

No comments: