Sunday, March 18, 2007

Off To Dodgeville

Tomorrow morning I am off to Dodgeville bright and early with the intentions of starting my ride off at Governor Dodge State Park at approximately 9:30. I'll be doing anywhere from 4.75 to 5.25 hours and right now the weather looks pretty decent, about 46 degrees with clouds in the morning giving way to sun in the afternoon. After the ride I'll eat a big dinner, relax in the hot tub and watch some basketball. After an early night most likely I'll be up Tuesday morning and hopefully ready to be off on the bike by 10:30ish. I'll be doing about 5 to 5.5 hours and then basically will repeat the same activities of eating, sitting in the hot tub and watching some TV. If the rain holds off for Wednesday it will probably be about a 4.5 to 4.75 hour ride but with more climbing as I'm hoping to do the Blue Mounds climb multiple times. I'll be heading back home after Wednesday's ride (or Tuesday if rain is definite for Wed.) and then Thursday will be a nice rest day. I'm really looking forward to hitting some new roads and doing some climbing this week as I need to get better at lugging my overweight (178lbs) butt up hills before the race season gets in to full swing.
As far as training went this weekend, I got in 4 hours yesterday and felt really good but didn't really try to push it as I was resting up for the remainder of this week. Today I was in Chicago with my family and my parents the whole day and will be hopping on the bike within the hour to just do an easy 2 hours on the trainer. After that it I'll be finishing off the remainder of my packing for the little trip and then it will be off to bed. I'm looking forward to lots of riding the next few days, and more importantly I won't be thinking about work so that will help relieve a lot of stress. Until next time........

No comments: