Thursday, March 01, 2007

Still Feeling Good

I rode again last night and my hips and knees felt really good but a minor inconvenience came up with sitting on my seat as a result of the change. Since I am now sitting straight or balanced on my saddle I am now sitting on both sit bones, whereas before I was leaning left to reach with my left leg since there was a discrepancy. Now that I am sitting straight I am sitting on my right side as well, which it appears I'm not used to as it is a little sore today. It seems that my right sit bones haven't touched the saddle in at least a year as evidenced by the soreness today and also the obvious leftward lean of my saddle. So now I just have to get my right side used to sitting on a seat again, which I don't mind doing since everything else doesn't hurt at least. I ordered a new seat yesterday that doesn't lean left so I won't have to keep scooting myself over as I gradually slide left while I'm riding. Anyways, I rode for 2.5 hours last night on the trainer of which 30 minutes was Tempo work and I felt great. I had no problem keeping my heart rate up and most importantly I had no knee problems with the bigger gears. Tonight the wife and I have to head to the tax guy to get our taxes done so the riding time will be limited unfortunately. We have to head to Lake Geneva to get them done (it's free so it's worth it) so I'll only be able to do about 90 minutes by the time we get back. I'll probably do one of my CTS DVDs though to make up the lack of quantity with quality. Tomorrow will be an easy 1.5 hours and then Saturday looks to be an inside ride due to the weather so I'll be doing 3.5 hours on the trainer. Sunday is still looking good with temps right around 30-32 with partly cloudy skies. The plan is to ride from New Berlin to Burlington to my parents house and then to Alpine Valley and back home. Should be 85 miles and about 5 hours including a quick pit stop at my mom's house to say hello. I've got my fingers crossed that the weather holds out. It appears that the weather will be getting better next week so hopefully that bodes well for the long term outlook for riding.

Other than that, not much going on, just bidding on a few parts for the new bike, counting the days until the first race one month from today, and waiting for that warm weather to get out on some long rides on the road. Until next time.....



My new straight saddle! My bike is silver, my team kit is red, should look good....


No comments: