Thursday, March 09, 2006

Easy Rider

Wednesday night was a nice easy ride, 1.5 hours of Endurance Miles which is basically a leisurely stroll on the bike. I was scheduled for 1.75 hours but I got sidetracked a few times by phone calls and a little chain noise that I had to remedy so I cut off the extra 15 minutes and I will make that up tonight by adding 15 to my scheduled ride of 1.5 hours. My heart rate last night averaged 141 for the ride which for me is about 75% of max which isn't too bad considering I've only been riding for 3 months after a 9 year layoff. My perception of the ride was considerably less though as it seemed very easy and nowhere near 75%, I'm guessing my max heart rate isn't following the 220 - age formula but I'll know more after I actually do some controlled time trial tests once the weather gets warmer. After Wednesday's ride I've hit 1300 miles on the odometer, not bad for 3 months and 8 days. Most of the miles have come since the middle of January and February as I was only doing about 30 -45 minutes in December. Overall I'm feeling good and can't wait for the warmer weather so I can test my legs. I didn't want to post another picture of me on the rollers because who wants to see that, so I'm posting a picture of American Floyd Landis on his way to taking the overall lead yesterday in stage 3 of Paris-Nice.....

No comments: