Friday, March 17, 2006

Let The Good Times Roll

Last night was a really good night on the bike, 2 hours with 25 minutes of that as Tempo work. I was scheduled for 35 minutes of Tempo but that was probably a little optimistic as I only did 20 minutes the first time on Monday. The extra 5 minutes was easy but I don't know that I could have made it 10 more minutes, especially inside when I'm sweating up a storm, if I were outside I could probably do it though. Tonight is a scheduled rest day and tomorrow I'm scheduled for either 2.75 hours or 3 (don't have my schedule in front of me), hopefully it's not too windy tomorrow as they are calling for 36 degrees with 10-15 mph winds. I'm really looking forward to next week as I'll be on vacation and will be doing some longer rides around Lake Geneva and Alpine Valley. It's probably a little bit ambitious but I really need to do some hillwork and the following week is a rest week so I can relax after a hard week. Overall I think I'm on schedule for my first race on the 9th of April but I really would have liked to have more days outside than the 6 or 7 that I have been able to do. I'm going to keep up the Tempo work through April and use these early races to pretty much gauge my fitness and my competition (Cat 4/5) and hopefully by May and June I'll be flying right along. Until next time........

No comments: