Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Pushing for Power

Last night was a great night on the bike, I did a 1 hour 45 minute ride on the rollers and felt really good and had no problem finishing my intervals. I did (3) 5 minute muscle tension intervals in which I push a large gear, in this case I did 53x11 as fast as I can for 5 minutes at a time. This exercise helps build strength for pushing large gears for a short time, not to be confused with building power which allows you to push semi-large gears (53x14) for an extended time. I also did some leg presses tonight on the weight machine to help build strength but as the days get longer and the weather gets warmer I will eventually phase out the weight lifting in favor of bike specific exercises. All in all it was a really good night, I felt great on the bike, I ate well today and my weight is down to 187 lbs.. Tonight I'm scheduled for another 1 hour 45 minute ride with no specific workout, this will just be an Endurance Mile ride. Until next time.......

No comments: