Saturday, March 04, 2006

Longest ride since 1996!!

Today was a great day, 37 degrees and hardly any wind. It felt great to just ride without having to dread the weather and wonder if I can make it for more than 2 hours without losing body parts to frostbite. I was short of my goal today by 5 minutes, but I still managed to get in 2 hours and 40 minutes outside today and felt great doing it. I had no problems with the legs or lungs and had no fatigue at all today. I did 5 reps of 3 minutes each of Fast Pedaling where I basically pedal for 3 minutes at 120-130 rpms and disregard my Heart Rate in relation to my limit for Foundation Miles. All in all it went very well today.....until I stopped pedaling. Shortly after I got home I could barely walk or bend over, my back was spasming like crazy and right now it's all I can do to stand up. I took some acetaminophen and will use the heating pad on my back later. Tomorrow is supposed to be a really bad day with 2-4 inches of snow so I'll be stuck riding inside for approximately 2.5 hours, that won't be fun at all!!! Well, time to go relax in the recliner to ease my troubled back. Oh yeah, here's the food I pigged out on after my long ride, a bowl of noodles and parmesan cheese, 2 pieces of bread and honey, two waterbottles and a cereal bar....

No comments: