Monday, March 27, 2006

My Chi Isn't Centered!

I'm having issues right now balancing life and biking and have come to the conclusion that I probably need to commit to more time to home activities in the coming weeks than I had originally planned. Now that Spring is here it's easy to get excited about biking but I also realize that I now have to get going on thatching the yard, overseeding, pruning branches on the apple tree, cutting back the hedges, etc., etc., etc............. Not to mention that I have to finish the kitchen remodeling that I've started. I definitely have some organizing to do to get all of this to mesh and get the most out of my biking time and also get the house work done. Well, anyways, back to what I've been doing.....Sunday was a good day of riding out in West Bend where I met Dave, my racing partner, and we managed to ride for 2.5 hours around the beautiful roads and trail systems of West Bend. West Bend is a great area to bike and is extremely biker friendly in town thanks to the wonderfully maintained trail system that skirts the rivers and traverses the parks in the city. We basically had a nice slow, steady ride partially because I wanted to take the time to enjoy learning about the trails and roads and also because I had some major chain failure on the Pinarello after changing the chain the night before. Here is Dave ready to hit the road...........



Well, after a good week of riding last week in which I rode 13.50 hours I finally to get rest this week as it is a regeneration week, or the 4th week of my microcycles. I'll be doing a 1.5 hr ride tomorrow with some Muscle Tension intervals which basically help build strength and a 1.75 hr ride on Wednesday with some Over/Under Intervals. Check back tomorrow for an update.......

No comments: