Thursday, March 23, 2006

Simply Killer!!!

Yesterday was quite the ride, 50 miles of killer hills and lots of wind!! I did the Alpine Valley course from Superweek which basically starts at the Alpine Valley Resort and does a loop around the surrounding area with lots of rolling hills and 3 really steep leg burners and needless to say my legs burned. The total elevation gain from the 50 miles is 3,757 ft. which is obviously a lot of climbing, especially for me with as bad as I'm climbing right now. When I wasn't climbing I was going in to a 25 mph headwind and I was basically right at Tempo or Steady State heart rate the whole ride. I had scheduled to do 55 minutes of Tempo but after 1 lap of the course I realized the whole ride was going to be above Tempo rate so I basically just rode it out for 3 hours and 10 minutes. My max heart rate was 188 and my average heart rate for the ride was 159 which is high but that's too be expected on this course. After the ride I didn't feel too bad, I ate a lot right away and ate quite a bit when I got home. Later in the day I just watched movies and relaxed. All in all it was a good day. Through the magic of GPS here is what the distance and elevation looked like for the ride:

No comments: